United in Hope Scholarship
Criteria for Scholarship Consideration
- Loss of Parent to Cancer
- Financial Need
- Attends High School in Fairfield or Westport, Connecticut or resides in Fairfield or Westport
- Character of Applicant
- Academic Goals and Performance
Applications Must Include the Following to be Considered:
- Completed Application (Click here to download application)
- Latest School Transcript from High School
- 2014 Tax return of Applicant’s Parent/Guardian
- Letter of Recommendation from Non-Related Adult
- Death certificate or pertinent documentation
- Application Verification and Signed Publicity Release
- Recent Photograph of Applicant
ALL APPLICATIONS AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION MUST BE E-MAILED OR POSTMARKED BY MAY 19, 2017 FOR CONSIDERATION. SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED SHORTLY THEREAFTER OF THE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD.
Email application and supporting documentation to: UnitedinHopeScholarship@gmail.com or
Mail to: Karen Jacobs, 6 Sleigh Ridge, Westport, CT 06880
Attn: United in Hope Scholarship.
The United in Hope Scholarship is funded by the John Patrick Flanagan Foundation (“JPFF”) and the Chad A. Jacobs Memorial Foundation (“CAJF”). These foundations were established in memory of John Flanagan and Chad Jacobs shortly after they lost their lives to cancer in 2008 and 2010, respectfully. John left behind a wife and three children. Chad left behind a wife and two children. Losing a parent to cancer is devastating enough, the financial burden often incurred by this disease and the death of a parent can be debilitating. It is our goal that the United in Hope Scholarship will help offset the costs of higher education for students who lost a parent and give families hope for the future. JPFF’s mission is to help vulnerable children and families by supporting charities that provide the direction, education and healthy environment that vulnerable children and families need to have the opportunity to reach their full potential. CAJF’s mission is to provide academic and athletic scholarships to families in financial need. To learn more about these foundations, please visit their websites at: www.jpff.org and www.cajfoundation.org.
United in Hope Scholarship recipients 2016